2017 NETHEA GRADUATION
Informational Packet: 2017GraduationInformationPacket.pdf
Communication Avenues – How to receive info throughout the year:
Electronic communication. After we receive your application and payment, a distribution list will be set up with your e-mails so that we may send emails to keep you updated on all info.
Group meetings – Group meetings will be held as necessary, but in the past it has been difficult to schedule meetings when everyone could attend so electronic communication will be favored.
Tri-Cities Homeschool Digest, a FREE e-mail support network of homeschooling families in the Tri-Cites region. General graduation announcements may be made there, but not details. To sign up, send your first and last names to: TChomeschoolfirstname.lastname@example.org.
NETHEA 2017 Graduation Coordinators
Robert and Sara Weber, email@example.com , 423-943-4217 (cell)
JR and Paula Augustine, firstname.lastname@example.org 423-483-3729 (cell)
NETHEA Graduation Treasurer (not same as NETHEA Board Treasurer)
Packie Bogard, email@example.com,423-357-6869
Maintains the checking account at Eastman Credit Union.
Collects monies for all orders and gives one check to the appropriate coordinator so that they can place orders.
Makes payments to those who require payment (speaker, church rental, sound/light persons, janitor, etc.) BEFORE the week of graduation.
Explanation of forms:
- Steps to Completing Graduation Application:
1. Complete NETHEA Membership: All families who wish to graduate with NETHEA must be a current member of NETHEA. Complete the registration process at: www.nethea.org
a. Download the Graduation Application Form. graduationapplicationfinal.pdf You can fill this out and print it. The form can be saved to your computer.
b. Choose Team you will be serving on. Please see Additional Graduation Information for descriptions of the teams.
c. Graduation Application Deadline is November 20, 2016 for the May 13, 2017 graduation
3. Send in Application and payment:
a. Make check payable to NETHEA Graduation.
b. Send to: Paula Augustine, 1616 Hillview Drive, Elizabethton, TN 37643
- ● Other Important Information for Graduating with NETHEA
- ▪ Senior Photos: - Each parent and senior is responsible for securing senior portraits for the program. This can be from an independent photographer. Many support groups offer portrait packages as well.
- ▪ Senior Profile Questionnaire for Ceremony Program – Each family will need to complete and return the Senior Profile Questionnaire by February 1, 2017. See the Additional Graduation Information for questions. Further information on how to submit this information to the Program Team will be given later.
- ▪ Other Photos: Each family will be asked to submit 4 photos total for the ceremony. A video photo presentation will be played during the ceremony.
- ▪ Cap and Gown: Caps, gowns, diploma covers, invitations, etc. can be ordered in a convenient package. It will need to be ordered by the first of December, so ALL FAMILIES need to plan budget accordingly. A website page will be set up for our group to order supplies from the company. (Supplies Team will secure specific instructions and distribute to all families when time to order.) Each family will order through that website page and pay directly to the company. Everyone must pay in full before order will be placed or the student will not be allowed to participate in ceremony.
▪ Diploma: At the ceremony the Diploma Covers will be presented. Parents are responsible for acquiring the student’s official diploma. The official diplomas do not need to be present at graduation and many times are not yet available.